To end out the 2007, I had a meeting with Raleigh transportation officials to discuss pedestrian thoroughfares in the Lineberry area. Particularly, around the newly acquired park land at Sierra Drive and Lineberry Drive.
The concept is that we establish the pedestrian thoroughfares sooner rather than later – so that by the time the park arrives, we have well-established and defined pedestrian access points. I met with Booby Croom, Mike Kennon, and Rebecca Duffy.
We made some good progress and it was a decent start. We discussed the following items:
- Cross-bars for sidewalks parallel to Lineberry
- Stop-bars at major area intersections
- Completion of Sierra Drive sidewalk (pending utilities being moved)
- Crosswalks at Lineberry / Sierra and Lineberry / Alder Ridge
The items that Raleigh Transportation said they would look into are as follows:
- Pedestrian analysis sometime during Spring 2008 to determine if there is need for crosswalks at Lineberry / Sierra and/or Lineberry / Alder Ridge
- Crossbar at Trailwood Hills Drive and Lineberry Drive
- Stop bar or stop sign relocation at Lineberry / Alder Ridge