The Wheeler Park Community/Neighborhood will host an organizational meeting on Thursday, February 24, 2011. The meeting will start at 7:00 pm and will be at Carolina Pines Park in the large meeting room. The purpose of this meeting is to address several topics and concerns. The following are some of the identified topics/concerns:
- Organization & registration of the Wheeler Park neighborhood with the city as a Neighborhood Alliance and/or Community Watch Program.
- Tabitha Groelle & Jason Hibbets to present on the Pleasant Ridge & Ramsgate Community Watch.
- Recent crime in our area. Officer Upchurch, Crime Prevention Officer, is attending to share information and answer questions.
- Making the “Wheeler Park” neighborhood sign more welcoming and aesthetically pleasing by updating/improving the sign.
- Any other concerns people may have and would like to share.
Community Services has put together a postcard to mail out to neighborhood residents, inviting them to attend the meeting. I am looking forward to a good turn-out!